Unique possibility to sell Data Center’s waste heat
Waste Heat = Product for Sale
- Finland has a district heating system in almost every town. This creates an excellent possibility to re-use waste heat from Data Centers
- Yandex – Russian search engine, has built a Data Center in Mäntsälä, Southern Finland. Yandex sells its waste heat to the local energy company for use in the district heating network.
- This is an excellent showcase of the ”win win” trade for the waste heat use.
Finland is a gateway between East and West
- State of the art domestic fiber network is well connected to global networks
- Hub of global data flows linking Europe, Russia and Asia
- C-Lion1, The new high capacity, super fast submarine cable route from Finland to Central Europe, is now operational.
- C-Lion1 has a record breaking capacity of 18 Tbit/s per fiber pair, total capacity of 144 Tbit/s.